Baptism

 I got Baptized

I woke up at 6:30 that morning far earlier than I had ever woken up while being in that house on a weekend. I was excited to announce that I was getting baptized I gave God a prayer, one of thankfulness and hope for fulfillment. I got my son dressed, my mom remarked that he is going to be too hungry for too many hours. She wouldn’t think that if we were going to her church but because this ceremony had to do with me, I get the feeling that the circumstances were different, but today was my day, and I wasn’t going to let anything ruin that for me. The next thing I knew I was driving down blue Hill Avenue headed towards Morning Star Baptist Church to start my wonderful day of Baptism. I was greeted by a lovely lady whose name I have now forgotten who walked me to the back so I could change into a uniform. it was the first time I was being changed into something that I was accepting of rather than being forced to put on a hospital Johnny. I was dressed in warrior gear prepared for the journey ahead. My fingernails were done. They told me I needed gloves. Today we had a special Reverend in the house all the way from Florida, he was dark, probably burnt from all the years in the sun. This be as light as all the years I am going to get. I haven’t seen good sunlight in almost 6 years. When I go back to Jamaica, I’m baking in the sun like a snail. I dropped myself off at the front and left my mom to fend for a parking spot. When my body touched that water I knew it was well. we had to wait until the end of the service to be baptized. The whole time I was steady nervous about falling into the pool, what my butt would look like as I rose from the water. I had planned to open my eyes just before leaving the water. It was a magical experience though it has no magical powers. My brother came to pick us up I guess she couldn’t find a spot.


My mom is going to Jamaica right after I get baptized and I’m nervous about her traveling alone, but I know she will do just fine. A short vacation back home to sort out Business per usual. My mom is such a responsible person. I am so proud of my dad for marrying , and I am so proud of her for working with my dad to accomplish what they’ve accomplished together.


Today my house flooded and I’m in America the house is in Jamaica, it’s a team effort to take care of. I want to plan tours of the island with people.. I quickly think, what if something like that happens when she passes how will I get it fixed. She turned off the water to the pipe, tho will get fixed another time.


How fortunate of me to not have to worry about how she goes about fixing this problem, while wondering if me and my brother will have the education to do it when she’s not longer here.

I am lucky to say the least. I am alive, I’ve lived my life. I am lucky.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I never got over you

Unopened Letters

Foul play