Thoughts
My body is laden with thoughts of you
They may turn to tatoos soon
Like a ladle filled with fine soup
I pour my bowl filled with delicious soup
I’m Jamaican but my mind craves the comfort of viet soup.
For my husband a bowl I pour
Vegetable soup for the soul
He’s delicious in every way
The way his hair curls atop his head,
Where are you my future husband
A response I cannot find
the way his teeth sit perfectly inside his mouth
His voice I long to hear
Who’d have thought
from childish play to natures way
he would come to be this famous May
Mommas been going through things
My heart aches for my child at play
School starts soon
A battle I’m afraid I won’t win
The battle between me and my x has yet to settle.
My womb aches for the journey ahead
Another sip of comfort soup to quench my souls dismay.
For tools of the heart, I do not play.
Comments
Post a Comment