Progressive Expectation
Londyn Muhammad a senior at Atlantic Coast High School has been accepted into multiple colleges and is pending a Million dollars in scholarships. She did not come to play I am so proud when I hear stories like this keep fighting the good fight my dear and make your parents proud. I have been employed since the age of 15, with the exception of the last 4 years I have unfortunately been living off the system. I can’t provide for myself and my child had it not been for these food stamps I don’t know where I would be. Life gets complicated as you get older no more handouts from your parens though ive been keeping the load off my moms back for some time now. You just expect the best for your kids, they have one job and that is to go to school and get good grades. I worry for my brother he has decided school is not s priority for him. But I am learning to adapt the let them theory. If he wants to complicate his life and create additional barriers it’s his life to live. I have to be honest I am sad I didn’t get more college acceptances I didn’t have bad grades but I wasn’t accepted to as many schools as I had applied for I just remember staying local going to college in BROOKLINE something about the B, man I like B’s if you can’t tell by the Big Beautiful B in my name. Funny tho because my relationship wasn’t always good in fact I only accepted my name in the last 5-7 years, hearing it spoken lovely from my ex husbands mouth made me fall in love with my name and by the end of our relationship I was battling the BRITT syndrome because I hated the name. It just sounded obnoxious but it’s my name BRITTANIA RACINE CHINEY B JODY WILLIAMS, I’m in love with you. Chiney Be is a name I attached to myself because of my First Love, I gave a lot of Validity to that name after all I nicknamed him SeaBreeze. If I’ll ever make it back to his love again idk but I hope so I’m like a love sick puppy stuck on my ex like white on rice. I was many Babes a go from an untold story.
We provide nutritious food for their bodies we cloth them and send them out into the world with the best resources one could afford. All for them to be shot down in the street by somebody son or daughter for failing to id, a gun should be the last resort. Most officers resting their hands on their gun during a simple safety check is a threat to my life how do they expect people to remain calm, I swear the more police surveillance I see the more I wonder if it was a good idea to shed so much light on abuse of power, I am seeing people being arrested for smiling, walking to the park, going for drinks, being targeted by family members, homelessness. I ended up in the hospital it was a section basically like being in jail, it was against my will, as you can tell I have been greatly traumatized by the Boston police and their policy to hospitalize and treat every problem but I was homeless once my mom put me out and they had to find somewhere to place me, so I guess even if that means I have to give up my civil liberties. This isn’t the direction I expected this article to go in but hopefully her and her husband never fall out nor her mother turn against or she ever have to stare down the barrel of a gun which has become the sad reality of all the people who are African American. The police presence is too high. The trauma makes me want to call for social change.
If there was more aid in therapy, housing and mental health issues or aids. People who have money live healthier happier lifestyle. Why am I this hung up on my past pain. Anyways tell me if you think i'm tripping.
Comments
Post a Comment